Word choice and word form indicate a writer’s familiarity and their intended reader’s familiarity in a context by following systematic rules and idiosyncratic rules.
- Word choice handout (the Writing Center at UNC Chapel Hill)
- Gender-inclusive language handout (the Writing Center at UNC Chapel Hill)
- Choosing the correct word form (the Writing Center at George Mason University)
- Improving your writing style (the Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Wordandphrase.info (from Mark Davies at Brigham Young University)